Monday 31 August 2015

10 things I should tell you but probably never will

1. I'll never understand how you saw me. You had everyone falling at your feet like you were the second coming of Christ and I was just another shade of grey. I'll never understand how you saw me. 

2. I still remember the first time you ever called me beautiful. I swear to god I've never felt so whole in my entire life. 

3. I've always dreamt about living near the ocean, looking in to your eyes was the closest I've ever got.

4. You gave me the confidence I've always lacked and I can't begin to tell you how good that felt before you took it all away. 

5. You used to bite your lip when you got nervous and now mine won't stop bleeding. I guess when someone becomes your entire world you start to pick up on their bad habits.

6. I think you were the last source of light in my life before it all went dark. 

7. Being around you was like walking on broken glass and maybe that's why I'm so addicted to this pain inside my chest. 

8. I can't listen to 'skinny love' by birdy any more without wanting to set fire to my skin and for some reason, I still put it on repeat every night as I fall asleep.

9. Sometimes, I pray to wake up with amnesia so I don't have to remember how losing you broke me into a million fucking pieces. 

10. I didn't walk away because I didn't love you. I walked away because I wasn't strong enough to stick around when you started loving her and stopped looking at me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment