Sunday 11 October 2015

Simply Brown

You hated your eye colour,
Called it a dull and dirty brown,
Wished for the deep blue of an ocean,
Where admirers hearts would drown, 
And it pained me when I realised,
You'd never see it like I do,
The way your eyes hint at a story, 
That I want to read right through, 
They hold specks of stolen sunlight, 
That you'd miss with just one glance, 
And a depth of raw emotion, 
That can freeze you in a trance, 
They're a fix of melted chocolate,
When I'm craving something sweet, 
But hold a gaze that's so unwavering, 
that I find it hard to meet,
I fall right into your eyes 
The browns of earth's unfettered beauty, 
That I yearn to memorise,
When I was tired of not belonging,
they made me feel like I'd been found 
And I hope you never say again, 
That you're eyes are simply brown. 

(m.g.w)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment